All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionJames Reese Europe is one of the most important transitional figures in American music. As a composer and band leader at the height of ragtime, he had a strong influence on the first generation of jazz musicians who were to follow. Europe's life reveals much about the role of black musicians in American culture in a period when it was presumed they had little place.
- Author BiographyReid Badger is Professor of American Studies at the University of Alabama, Tuscaloosa. His books include The Great American Fair: The World's Columbian Exposition and American Culture.
- Author(s)Reid Badger
- PublisherOxford University Press Inc
- Date of Publication12/01/1995
- SubjectBiography: The Arts
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- First Published1995
- ImprintOxford University Press Inc
- Content Notefrontispiece, 16 pp halftones
- Weight673 g
- Width163 mm
- Height243 mm
- Spine29 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $79.66Trending at AU $96.35
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.37
- AU $35.43Trending at AU $40.71
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $79.35
- AU $18.96Trending at AU $24.44
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.03
- AU $16.98Trending at AU $18.30
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.