All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionMartin Gardner has entertained the world with his puzzles for decades and inspired countless mathematicians and scientists. As he rounds out ather decade, his colleagues are paying him tribute with this special collection that contains contributions from some of the most respected puzzlemasters, magicians and mathematicians, including: - John H. Conway - William R. Gosper - Ed Pegg, Jr. - Roger Penrose - Raymond Smullyan - Peter Winkler And of course there is something from the orignal puzzlemaster himself, Martin Gardner.
- Author BiographyMartin Gardner (1914 -) was the Mathematical Games columnist for Scientific American. He originated the column in 1956, and his columns appeared until his retirement from the magazine in 1986. He graduated Phi Beta Kappa from the University of Chicago in 1936. Prior to his Navy service in World War II, he was a reporter on the Tulsa Tribune and a staff writer with the University of Chicago Press Relations Department. After the war, he became a freelance writer.
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Inc
- Date of Publication20/10/2008
- Place of PublicationNatick
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintA K Peters
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight612 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Edited byErik D. Demaine,Martin L. Demaine,Tom Rodgers
- Format DetailsUnsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $79.89Trending at AU $90.22
- AU $17.51Trending at AU $30.26
- AU $31.46Trending at AU $40.54
- AU $22.32Trending at AU $36.99
- AU $40.92Trending at AU $45.02
- AU $35.26Trending at AU $35.78
- AU $36.60Trending at AU $37.24
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.