Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $43.72
- AU $70.98Trending at AU $87.50
- AU $62.89Trending at AU $77.17
- AU $78.98Trending at AU $85.01
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.03
- AU $34.79Trending at AU $42.43
- AU $21.22Trending at AU $24.76
About this product
- DescriptionWritten by the only American director to direct and fight-choreograph all of Shakespeare's plays, this text represents an expert and practical guide to the Bard's oeuvre. From Henry VI through The Tempest, each play is explored in its full theatrical complexity, with particular attention paid to directorial and acting challenges, character quirks and development, and the particularities of Shakespearean language. Directing successes are recounted, but the failures are t shied away from, making this an indispensable text for anyone interested in producing Shakespeare's plays.
- Author BiographyPaul Barry has spent 60 years as a professional actor and musician on stage and in films, and has directed over 300 plays and musicals.
- Author(s)Paul Barry
- PublisherMcFarland & Co Inc
- Date of Publication15/09/2010
- SubjectLiterary Criticism
- Place of PublicationJefferson, NC
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintMcFarland & Co Inc
- Content Notephotos, bibliography, index
- Weight458 g
- Width178 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine15 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.