Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $69.62Trending at AU $74.74
- AU $32.26Trending at AU $36.40
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $25.46
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.65
- AU $12.94Trending at AU $16.44
- AU $26.68Trending at AU $29.36
- AU $19.92Trending at AU $27.46
About this product
- DescriptionRobert Lax (1915 - 2000) was a close friend of Thomas Merton, Ad Reinhardt, and the beatniks. After his studies at Columbia University, he worked for Time, Parade, and The New Yorker - and then published his first book: Circus of the Sun. As Jubilees roving editor he travelled a lot, and finally decided to stay in Greece, where he found the quietness he needed for his poetic work. Living a solitary life on Greek islands, he became one of the great loners of American literature. The process of his mental, spiritual, and artistic development is what makes Laxs life most interesting. The Inner Biography stresses on his search for his own way of life, with references to his texts and poems. He made his daily life a ritual, transposing his experiences into his poetry: life has something to do with art, & its just a matter of finding the special point at which the two of them get together. His deliberate slowness, his spirituality, his charisma, and his poetic work impressed everybody who met Robert Lax. The book also contains a short biographical sypsis of Laxs life, and a comprehensive catalog (635 entries) of the works of Robert Lax.
- Author(s)Sigrid Hauff
- Date of Publication29/08/2007
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectBiography: General
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight286 g
- Width127 mm
- Height203 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.