Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $32.44Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by simplybestprices-10to20dayshipping
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $8.00+ AU $13.50 postage
- Very good condition
- Sold by hallsbooks_123
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionFrom the remote outback to the world stage, the far from ordinary life so far of one of Australia's most talented and beloved singer-songwriters. Raised on the Nullarbor by her Seventh Day Adventist parents - her father hunted foxes for a living - young Kasey Chambers and her brother, Nash, would sometimes go for months without encountering ather human being. Then, as part of the Chambers family group the Dead Ringer Band perform in rough-and-tumble outback pubs and sleep under the stars, in swags, by the side of the highway, playing for little more than petrol money. Along the way Kasey was honing the talent that created huge hits like 'Not Pretty Eugh', 'The Captain' and 'Rattlin' Bones', and earned the praise of such roots music luminaries as Lucinda Williams and Steve Earle. From her gypsy childhood to trailblazing debut LP, 'The Captain', and runaway smash hit, 'Barricades and Brickwalls', and its personal cost to becoming the mother of two boys and the on- and off-stage partner of fellow singer-songwriter, Shane Nicholson, to her latest success with the multi-award winning 'Little Bird' this is a moving and revealing portrait of an extraordinary woman.
- Author(s)Kasey Chambers
- PublisherHarperCollins Publishers (Australia) Pty Ltd
- Date of Publication01/09/2011
- SubjectAutobiography: The Arts
- Place of PublicationNew South Wales
- Country of PublicationAustralia
- ImprintHarperCollins Publishers (Australia) Pty Ltd
- Weight446 g
- Width152 mm
- Height233 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (UK)
Most relevant reviews
- hastiewitch09 May, 2012by
Great honest Revealing insight into an unusual upbringing of tallented Ozzy
I brought this because I like Kasey Chambers and wanted an insight into her upbringing, it was for me to read and also for a Gift, It is a great easy book to read, I like how easy to read it is. There is nothing i dislike about it. This book is much better than any other i have read as its so real and almost spoken right from the mouth of Kasey, very well written.
- mggumhill26 Jan, 2012by
Very enjoyable - good insight of Kasey.
I bought this book as I like Kasey Chambers' music. It was interesting to gain an insight into her life. I like the quick pace of the writing and the no-nonsense style. Very enjoyable!
- sudajac04 Oct, 2011by
Excellent book - great value - so easy to feel a part of it all
I purchased this book as I have always been a fan of the Chambers' family - have most of Dead Ringer Band , Bill and Kasey's CDs - have also read Red Desert Sky I really enjoyed the book - nothing there to dislike - thing I like most about Kasey is that she is so down to earth and unaffected by success - love how family comes first to her - admire her strength , loyalty and honesty . Enjoyed this book more than other " this is my life " books because it is so easy to identify with her and her family - for people of all ages
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $61.65New
- AU $7.65New
- AU $20.61New
- AU $33.28New
- AU $29.94New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $59.99Trending at AU $61.65
- AU $40.94Trending at AU $51.58
- AU $125.99Trending at AU $127.76
- AU $29.54Trending at AU $29.94
- AU $56.80Trending at AU $63.10
- AU $49.25Trending at AU $52.75
- AU $26.83Trending at AU $30.82