All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $43.72
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $87.50
- AU $62.89Trending at AU $77.17
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $72.89
- AU $78.98Trending at AU $85.01
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.03
- AU $34.78Trending at AU $42.43
About this product
- DescriptionMany teenagers will come into contact with drugs, but do they kw all the facts about drugs? What should they do if they feel pressured into taking drugs? Do they kw the effects of taking drugs, and what the consequences might be? This resource is packed with activities that inform young people about drugs, encourage them to think and talk about their values and attitudes to drugs, and help them make positive choices. The engaging activities explore different types of drugs and their effects, and issues such as risks, consequences, peer pressure, attitudes to drug-taking, and drugs and the media. This second edition is fully updated and contains many new activities. With fun and imaginative activities ranging from ice-breakers and quizzes to role-play and poster-making, this book is suitable for use with young people aged 13-19, in groups and on-to-one. Teachers, youth workers, drug support workers, youth offending teams and social workers will all find this an invaluable resource.
- Author BiographyVanessa Rogers is a qualified teacher and youth worker with over ten years' experience both at practitioner and management levels. Prior to becoming a nationally acclaimed youth work consultant, Vanessa managed a wide range of services for young people including a large youth centre and targeted detached projects in Hertfordshire, UK. Vanessa has written a number of popular resource books aimed at those working with young people, including A Little Book of Alcohol, A Little Book of Tobacco, Cyberbullying, Working with Young Women, 2nd edition, and Working with Young Men, 2nd edition. Vanessa's website can be found at www.vanessarogers.co.uk.
- Author(s)Vanessa Rogers
- PublisherJessica Kingsley Publishers
- Date of Publication15/05/2012
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintJessica Kingsley Publishers
- Content Noteill
- Weight217 g
- Width148 mm
- Height210 mm
- Spine10 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.