Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $39.17Trending at AU $46.87
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.47
- AU $50.10Trending at AU $53.12
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.88
- AU $32.08Trending at AU $45.10
- AU $13.99Trending at AU $16.60
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $27.15
About this product
- DescriptionA series of traumatic accidents and losses is the starting-point for this unique memoir of a woman's journey to spiritual awakening. Confronted by her mortality, and seeking a way to accept both death and living with death, Ona Kiser presents this deep exploration of modern spiritual practices, narrated with equal measures of humor and passion. Re-visiting the lessons of her years as an initiate of Santeria, she discovers and puts to work techniques from Buddhist meditation and Western Magick, enlisting - along the way - the guidance of a maverick guru. The result is a richly detailed map of the joys and pitfalls of the quest for enlightenment. Like a modern-day St. Teresa of Avila, Ona skilfully navigates the waves of agony and ecstasy, the heights of mystical insight and visions, as well as the depths of confusion and despair, always in undaunted pursuit of her goal. It was an end, but also a beginning, a rebirth into a new world that had always existed, hidden in plain sight.
- Author(s)Ona Kiser
- Date of Publication31/01/2012
- SubjectMind, Body & Spirit: General
- Place of PublicationBrighton
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight223 g
- Width127 mm
- Height203 mm
- Spine11 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.