All listings for this product
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $79.99Trending at AU $86.19
- AU $52.60Trending at AU $60.94
- AU $72.44Trending at AU $79.02
- AU $36.85Trending at AU $50.68
- AU $43.80Trending at AU $49.26
- AU $12.24Trending at AU $21.04
- AU $13.04Trending at AU $15.66
About this product
- DescriptionShortlisted for the Man Booker Prize 2015 A Little Life by Hanya Yanagihara is an immensely powerful and heartbreaking vel of brotherly love and the limits of human endurance. When four graduates from a small Massachusetts college move to New York to make their way, they're broke, adrift, and buoyed only by their friendship and ambition. There is kind, handsome Willem, an aspiring actor; JB, a quick-witted, sometimes cruel Brooklyn-born painter seeking entry to the art world; Malcolm, a frustrated architect at a prominent firm; and withdrawn, brilliant, enigmatic Jude, who serves as their centre of gravity. Over the decades, their relationships deepen and darken, tinged by addiction, success, and pride. Yet their greatest challenge, each comes to realize, is Jude himself, by midlife a terrifyingly talented litigator yet an increasingly broken man, his mind and body scarred by an unspeakable childhood, and haunted by what he fears is a degree of trauma that he'll t only be unable to overcome - but that will define his life forever.
- Author BiographyHanya Yanagihara lives in New York City.
- PrizesWinner of British Book Industry Awards Fiction Book of the Year 2016 and Kirkus Prize: Fiction 2015. Shortlisted for Baileys Women's Prize for Fiction 2016 and Man Booker Prize for Fiction 2015 and Waterstones Book of the Year 2015.
- Author(s)Hanya Yanagihara
- PublisherPan Macmillan
- Date of Publication13/08/2015
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Weight951 g
- Width160 mm
- Height239 mm
- Spine47 mm
- Edition StatementReprints
- Interest AgeFrom 18
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.