All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe deepest and most varied of the Tang Dynasty poets, Tu Fu (Du Fu) is, in the words of David Hinton, the first complete poetic sensibility in Chinese literature. First published in 1967, this book presents thirty-five Chinese poems with a pinyin transliteration, a character-by-character translation, and commentaries on the subject, form, and historical background. Hawkes gives us a nuts-and-bolts account of how the poems of one of the world's greatest poets are constructed. It's an irresistible challenge for readers to invent their own translations.
- Author BiographyTu Fu (712-770) was a poet who lived during the Tang Dynasty. David Hawkes (1923-2009) was a Professor of Chinese at the University of Oxford, UK.
- Author(s)David Hawkes
- PublisherThe New York Review of Books, Inc
- Date of Publication18/08/2016
- SubjectPoetry Texts & Poetry Anthologies
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- First Published2016
- ImprintThe New York Review of Books, Inc
- Weight388 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Edition StatementMain
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $79.68Trending at AU $111.07
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.34
- AU $35.45Trending at AU $40.70
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $79.33
- AU $19.36Trending at AU $23.93
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.01
- AU $16.99Trending at AU $18.30
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.