All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionRewned chef Alessandro Pavoni, of Sydney's two-chef-hatted Ormeggio at the Spit, hails from Lombardy, home to some of Italy's most famous dishes, including osso bucco, bollito misto and panettone. In his first cookbook Alessandro reveals the secrets to these traditional classics, along with more than 100 of his treasured family recipes featuring Lombardy's rich produce - cave-aged cheeses and cured meats, polenta, tender spit-roasted meat and risotto made from rice grown on the plains of the River Po. Having learnt to cook as a boy standing by his Nonna's side, Alessandro understood, from an early age, the power of food to urish and bring joy. This passion continues to inspire him to create delicious, comforting dishes that will bring a little bit of Lombardy into your own home.
- Author BiographyAfter honing his culinary skills in his native Lombardy, then stints in a number of Michelin-starred restaurants in France, chef Alessandro Pavoni settled in Australia in 2003, landing the role of Executive Chef at Sydney's Park Hyatt. In 2009 he realised his dream of opening his own restaurant, and Ormeggio at The Spit, was born, taking Sydney's dining scene by storm. Within nine months , Alessandro was awarded a coveted Chef's Hat in the Sydney Morning Herald Good Food Guide, then was included in The Australian's prestigious Top 50 Restaurants. In 2014, Alessandro opened Via Alta in Sydney's Willoughby, featuring the flavours and time-honoured recipes of his beloved Lombardy - and this is the food he shares with us in his first cookbook. For more information see alessandropavoni.com.au.
- Author(s)Alessandro Pavoni,Roberta Muir
- PublisherPenguin Books Australia
- Date of Publication26/08/2015
- SubjectNational & Regional Cuisine
- Place of PublicationCamberwell
- Country of PublicationAustralia
- First Published2015
- Weight1278 g
- Width228 mm
- Height284 mm
- Spine22 mm
- Format DetailsPaper over boards
Best-selling in Cook Books
- AU $27.07New
- AU $14.68New
- AU $21.77New
Save on Cook Books
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.