All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIt is 2125 and life as Rose previously knew it is over. Having been forced to live in a government-controlled society that, for years, has sponsored the use of people-t the enhancement of creativity, inspiration, and universal growth-Rose is prepared to escape the social disaster that has robbed her of her dreams. When she finally departs for a cabin in the hills far above San Francisco, she walks away from everything she has ever kwn. Rose adjusts to her new environment far away from the city by relying on her inner strength and her memories of her old life. With little food or water, she must forage for a place to sleep every night. As her challenging trek through the wilderness continues, Rose gloomily recalls the chain of events that instigated her journey to freedom. She must fight through the bitterness she feels for having been forced to give up her doctorate and instead work in demeaning government jobs because of society's greed, selfishness, and injustice. A Long Walk to Kwing shares one woman's journey to discover her own humanity as she slowly learns to endure a new way of life.
- Author(s)Anne Fisher
- Date of Publication14/05/2012
- SubjectScience Fiction & Fantasy
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight476 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine19 mm
- Format DetailsSewn,Cloth over boards
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $47.99Trending at AU $52.84
- AU $12.13Trending at AU $16.69
- AU $62.20Trending at AU $74.66
- AU $19.77Trending at AU $20.43
- AU $29.99Trending at AU $30.90
- AU $47.08Trending at AU $49.27
- AU $22.01Trending at AU $22.55
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.