All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionHaven't we been shouting at ourselves long eugh? Has it ever led to lasting change or an easier, more rewarding life? In this captivating and thought-provoking work, Barbara Hyde gently, and yet with holds barred, weaves together engaging stories, arresting observations, and insightful commentary for a compelling look at what keeps us from experiencing the life we truly desire. Not a prescriptive how-to book, Hyde makes claim to kw more than you do what's in your better interest. Rather, she illustrates how choices made from mistaken tions can set us upon a road of confusion, self-doubt, and loss of freedom-keeping us from making better decisions. From relationships and parenting to the workplace and lifestyle choices, we witness her characters become their own best experts as they, with fierce honesty and often only small steps of action, confront the reality of their lives that have left them w feeling stuck, stressed, overwhelmed, or simply out of sorts. Genre-defying, A Love Affair with Life offers a unique perspective and invites readers to consider it. -----ADVANCE READER COMMENTS----- The most incisive book I have ever read on relationships, first and foremost the one with myself. A manifesto. Simple...profound...responsible. Wherever you're coming from, whatever challenges you have faced, there is a story or commentary in this work to help you reconnect with who and how you are and to offer you insights that will help you move towards living the life you truly desire. This extraordinary work will change a great many lives for the better. Unexpectedly tender and stubbornly pragmatic...a bold work on choice. This book is, above all else, a love story about humanity.
- Author(s)Barbara Hyde
- PublisherLife Is Action, Inc.
- Date of Publication10/01/2015
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectSelf Improvement: General
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintLife Is Action, Inc.
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight417 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine16 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $87.24New
- AU $41.13Used
Cravings: Recipes for All the Food You Want to Eat by Adeena Sussman, Chrissy Teigen (Hardback, 2016)
- AU $43.36New
- AU $112.89New
- AU $97.70Used
- AU $33.23New
- AU $30.36New
- AU $20.41New
- AU $30.78New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $35.02Trending at AU $37.97
- AU $11.99Trending at AU $13.93
- AU $39.15Trending at AU $43.36
- AU $29.55Trending at AU $30.36
- AU $61.00Trending at AU $63.02
- AU $49.18Trending at AU $52.68
- AU $26.83Trending at AU $30.78
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.