All listings for this product
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $52.60Trending at AU $60.94
- AU $73.17Trending at AU $79.02
- AU $36.85Trending at AU $50.68
- AU $43.80Trending at AU $49.26
- AU $13.03Trending at AU $15.66
- AU $29.35Trending at AU $31.40
- AU $8.87Trending at AU $15.84
About this product
- DescriptionIn the course of their passionate relationship, Tom Markson and his much younger Jewish lover Naomi Branath support a Palestinian leader, Fadeela Qubra who has been awarded an international prize for peace and who kws the details of a murder and a massacre. Fierce opponents of Dr. Qubra want her story suppressed and the award to her cancelled. Tom and Naomi find the courage and the stamina to resist the opposition and eventually enable Fadeela to leave Ramallah, fly to Australia to tell her story and receive her award. Despite death threats and opposition from powerful lobbies, human rights are upheld, love triumphs and the story is told.
- Author BiographyStuart Rees has been a human rights activist in several countries and has taught in major universities in the UK, Canada, the USA and Australia. For twenty years he was Professor of Social Work & Social Policy at the University of Sydney. He was co-founder of that university's Centre for Peace & Conflict Studies and the founder of the Sydney Peace Foundation. In his numerous books on social justice issues and in several anthologies of poetry, he has been described as one of the most humane voices of our (Australia's) generation, a writer always committed to passionately illuminating questions about social justice and to crafting answers to the biggest question of all, what does it mean to be human.
- Author(s)Stuart Rees
- PublisherAustin Macauley Publishers
- Date of Publication29/01/2016
- SubjectHistorical & Mythological Fiction
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintAustin Macauley Publishers
- Width129 mm
- Height198 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.