All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionWhat would you do if you discovered the men you were dating were fictional characters you'd created long ago? Thirty-five-year-old Catherine Schreiber has shelved love for good. Keeping her ailing bookstore afloat takes all her time, and she's perfectly fine with that. So when several men ask her out in short order, she's t sure what to do...especially since something about them seems eerily familiar. A startling revelation - that these men are fictional characters she'd created and forgotten years ago - forces Cat to reevaluate her world and the people in it. Because these characters are alive. Here. Now. And most definitely in the flesh. Her best friend, Eliza, a romance vel junkie craving her own Happily Ever After, is thrilled by the possibilities. The power to create Mr. Perfect - who could pass that up? But can a relationship be real if it's fiction? Caught between fantasy and reality, Cat must decide which-or whom-she wants more. Blending humor with unusual twists, including a magical manuscript, a computer scientist in shining armor, and even a Regency ball, A Man of Character tells a story t only of love, but also of the lengths we'll go for friendship, self-discovery, and second chances. 2016 HOLT Medallion Certificate of Merit winner for Best First Book Don't miss A Matter of Time and A Scandalous Matter, books two and three in the Magic of Love series!
- Author BiographyAs a teen, Margaret Locke pledged to write romances when she grew up. Once an adult, however, she figured she ought to be doing grown-up things, not penning steamy love stories. Turning forty cured her of that silly notion. Margaret is now happily ensconced back in the clutches of her first love, this time as an author as well as a reader. Margaret lives in the beautiful Shenandoah Valley in Virginia with her fantastic husband, two fabulous kids, and two fat cats. You can usually find her in front of some sort of screen (electronic or window); she's come to terms with the fact that she's not an outdoor person. Please visit her at margaretlocke.com.
- Author(s)Margaret Locke
- PublisherLocked on Love Publishing
- Date of Publication15/05/2015
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectRomance & Sagas
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintLocked on Love Publishing
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight333 g
- Width127 mm
- Height203 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Edited byTessa Shapcott
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $12.00Trending at AU $16.78
- AU $62.20Trending at AU $75.03
- AU $19.77Trending at AU $20.54
- AU $29.99Trending at AU $31.08
- AU $47.08Trending at AU $49.55
- AU $21.78Trending at AU $22.68
- AU $22.15Trending at AU $23.02
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.