All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $43.72
- AU $70.98Trending at AU $87.50
- AU $62.89Trending at AU $77.17
- AU $78.98Trending at AU $85.01
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.03
- AU $34.79Trending at AU $42.43
- AU $21.43Trending at AU $24.76
About this product
- DescriptionThe taxomic identification of individual seeds and fruits of wild and cultivated plants is t always straightforward. The specialist literature and botanical reference collections can be helpful, and kwing where to begin reading and comparing can save a considerable amount of time. We wrote A Manual for the Identification of Plant Seeds and Fruits to make your search easier. It describes the inflorescence(s) and infructescence(s) seen in each of a set of 19 plant families, as well as the morphology of its seeds and fruits (with special emphasis on fruit typology); the dispersal units (diaspores); and, if present, heterocarpism and seed dimorphism. The manual is richly illustrated with 460 colour photos of inflorescences, infructescences, seeds, and fruits. Each entry concludes with a concise seed atlas that depicts the variation in the individual plant family's seed and fruit forms. A Manual for the Identification of Plant Seeds and Fruits includes the following plant families: Amaranthaceae Apiaceae Asteraceae Boraginaceae Brassicaceae Caryophyllaceae Convolvulaceae Cyperaceae Fabaceae Geraniaceae Juncaceae Lamiaceae Malvaceae Plantaginaceae Poaceae Polygonaceae Ranunculaceae
- Author(s)R. M. Bekker,R. T. J. Cappers
- Date of Publication31/08/2013
- SubjectLife Sciences: Botany
- Place of PublicationDrenthe
- Country of PublicationNetherlands
- Content NoteFull color illus.
- Weight907 g
- Width175 mm
- Height241 mm
- Spine23 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.