All listings for this product
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $79.99Trending at AU $85.84
- AU $52.60Trending at AU $60.76
- AU $36.85Trending at AU $50.53
- AU $48.06Trending at AU $49.69
- AU $13.04Trending at AU $15.61
- AU $29.06Trending at AU $31.31
- AU $8.87Trending at AU $15.80
About this product
- DescriptionNear Christmas, 1947, seven year old Colby James' father has been laid off from the railroad that hauls coal in the West Virginia mountains near the small town of Krebbs. Colby, thought asleep, overhears his parents talking that due to his father Bill's lack of a job so near Christmas, that they might have to tell him that Santa can't find them this year due to their moving since their last Christmas. His mind obsesses with that and he doesn't hear them say that they will t do that, that one way or the other he and his sick baby sister, Lauren, will have Christmas. Colby's mind goes to work, finally Landing on the idea of drawing Santa a map from Krebbs to their new home so he can find them. Perils dot the way: getting the money for a train ticket; drawing the map; a plan for telling his mother about the trip going awry; his baby sister getting deathly ill; bullies; a surprise buying the train ticket; and, a dream come true.
- Author BiographyH. David Williams was born in Ardmore, Ok. in 1944, and raised in Gene Autry, Oklahoma. He taught school and was a coach for 17 years. He spent 10 years in radio as a DJ and 10 years as a songwriter in Nashville, moving back to Oklahoma with 6 songwriting contracts. He retired in 2010 after 11 years with the State of Oklahoma Tourism Department. He's been an entertainer since the age of 12, the highlight of which was being an Elvis impersonator in the late 70's and 80's. Today he performs 3 separate musical shows, 2 separate humorous storytelling shows (cowboy and Cajun), writes songs and is a cartoonist. He has written 11 books: novellas, novels, books of short stories and is in the process of writing several more. PARADISE, OH YEAH! is his first book to be published. He and his old tomcat RED reside in south central Oklahoma.
- Author(s)H David Williams
- Date of Publication18/12/2014
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight186 g
- Width216 mm
- Height279 mm
- Spine4 mm
- Illustrator(s)Brody Carroll
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.