All listings for this product
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $89.95Trending at AU $107.68
- AU $72.44Trending at AU $78.64
- AU $27.07Trending at AU $30.27
- AU $44.25Trending at AU $49.03
- AU $36.85Trending at AU $50.44
- AU $45.19Trending at AU $46.03
- AU $20.59Trending at AU $22.70
About this product
- DescriptionJerome is a young earth-artist spending a few months on an island in Lake Ontario. But, his idyll is shattered when he discovers a man frozen in the ice near the shore. One year later, Sylvia, the dead man's lover, appears at his studio driven by the need to recount her story to the stranger who discovered him. A tender and haunting story unfolds, which stretches long and wide, a story that begins with Sylvia's childhood and mysterious illness and ends with her lover's tragic death. This deeply evocative and romantic vel is about the fragility of love and memory, and the redemptive power of stories.
- Author BiographyJane Urquhart is the author of five previous novels including Changing Heaven, Away (shortlisted for the International IMPAC Dublin Literary Award) and The Stone Carvers (longlisted for the Booker Prize). She was appointed to the Order of Canada in 2005. Jane Urquhart lives in Ontario, Canada.
- Author(s)Jane Urquhart
- PublisherBloomsbury Publishing PLC
- Date of Publication03/07/2006
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintBloomsbury Publishing PLC
- Width129 mm
- Height198 mm
- Spine25 mm
- Edition StatementNew edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.