Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $39.20Trending at AU $51.50
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.73
- AU $50.62Trending at AU $53.30
- AU $32.82Trending at AU $40.84
- AU $32.31Trending at AU $39.99
- AU $19.57Trending at AU $23.96
- AU $32.08Trending at AU $45.25
About this product
- DescriptionThis volume is a republication and expansion of the much-loved Wohascum County Problem Book, published in 1993. The original 130 problems have been retained and supplemented by an additional 78 problems. The puzzles contained within, which are accessible but never routine, have been specially selected for their mathematical appeal, and detailed solutions are provided. The reader will encounter puzzles involving calculus, algebra, discrete mathematics, geometry and number theory, and the volume includes an appendix identifying the prerequisite kwledge for each problem. A second appendix organises the problems by subject matter so that readers can focus their attention on particular types of problems if they wish. This collection will provide enjoyment for seasoned problem solvers and for those who wish to hone their skills.
- Author BiographyMark I. Krusemeyer is a Professor of Mathematics at Carleton College, Minnesota. George T. Gilbert is an Associate Professor of Mathematics at Texas Christian University. Loren C. Larson is an Emeritus Professor of Mathematics at St Olaf College, Minnesota.
- Author(s)George T. Gilbert,Loren C. Larson,Mark I. Krusemeyer
- PublisherMathematical Association of America
- Date of Publication11/10/2012
- SubjectScience & Mathematics: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Series TitleMAA Problem Book Series
- Place of PublicationWashington
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintMathematical Association of America
- Weight580 g
- Width152 mm
- Height228 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.