All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis paper argues that cumulative case study research findings can provide relevant inputs to an Air Force network operations transformation strategy aimed at improving warfighter effectiveness. Specifically, it examines how Air Force network operations strategic transformation decisions can be made with the aid of research findings along three transformational themes: people, techlogy, and strategy. A metasynthesis of case study research literature from the past five years concerning military transformation, network-centric warfare and network operations is presented to support the argument. The focus of the metasynthesis is on how transformation of people, techlogy, and strategy relate to improving warfighter effectiveness. The relevance of transformation is that it is the military's current and expected future means of changing how it fights and how it does business. Network-centric warfare is an emerging theory of war in the Information Age (OFT2, 2005, 3) that directly involves transforming people, techlogy, and strategy. The methodology as applied in this study provides an example means for action officers and transformational leaders to achieve their desired ends in transforming Air Force network operations to improve warfighter effectiveness. The findings reveal that the potential gains in warfighter effectiveness by transforming people, techlogy, and strategy include increased combat power, speed of command or maneuver, or increased effectiveness through improved collaboration, situational awareness and self-synchronization.
- Author(s)Kenneth V Peifer
- Date of Publication17/10/2012
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Weight77 g
- Width189 mm
- Height246 mm
- Spine2 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $57.99Trending at AU $62.11
- AU $34.68Trending at AU $36.61
- AU $73.14Trending at AU $74.82
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.76
- AU $37.59Trending at AU $40.09
- AU $34.02Trending at AU $36.09
- AU $28.51Trending at AU $29.80
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.