All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $72.55Trending at AU $75.17
- AU $32.60Trending at AU $36.61
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $25.61
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.78
- AU $12.94Trending at AU $16.54
- AU $26.67Trending at AU $29.53
- AU $19.92Trending at AU $27.62
About this product
- DescriptionThis is an essential student guide to the text, context and performance of A Midsummer Night's Dream .It is the only introduction to A Midsummer Night's Dream on the market which offers a theatrical commentary - enabling students to get a sense of the play as a performance text. It responds to the increasing focus on the plays as performance in English literature courses and the growth in student numbers on undergraduate Theatre and Performance courses. The series editor is an internationally well regarded scholar of Shakespeare.This introductory guide to one Shakespeare's most read and performed plays offers a scene-by-scene theatrically aware commentary, a brief history of the text and first performances, case studies of key performances and productions, a survey of film and TV adaptation, and wide sampling of critical opinion and antated further reading.
- Author BiographyMARTIN WHITE is Professor of Theatre at the University of Bristol, UK. He has directed many plays at Bristol and has worked as an advisor to the Globe reconstruction in London, and to the RSC.
- Author(s)Martin White
- PublisherPalgrave USA
- Date of Publication25/11/2008
- SubjectLiterary Studies: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Series TitleShakespeare Handbooks
- Place of PublicationGordonsville
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPalgrave Macmillan
- Content Notebibliography
- Weight199 g
- Width128 mm
- Height198 mm
- Spine11 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.