All listings for this product
About this product
- Description** Previously published in hardcover as Love in the Time of Algorithms ** Once considered the realm of the lonely and desperate, sites like eHarmony, Match, OkCupid, and Plenty of Fish have been embraced by prettymuch every demographic. Dating has been transformed from a dauntingtransaction based on scarcity to one in which the possibilities are almostendless. Now anyone can search for exactly what they want, connectwith more people, and get more information about those people thanever before.As journalist Dan Slater shows, online dating is changing societyin more profound ways than we imagine. He explores how these newtechlogies, by altering our perception of what s possible, are reconditioningour feelings about commitment and challenging the traditionalparadigm of adult life.Slater takes readers behind the scenes of a fascinating business. Datingsites capitalize on our quest for love, but how do their creators ideasabout pro ts, morality, and the nature of desire shape the virtual worldsthey ve created for us?
- Author BiographyDan Slater is a widely published author of journalism and creative nonfiction. A former legal affairs reporter for the Wall Street Journal, he is currently a contributor for Fast Company and has also written news and commentary for the New York Times, the Washington Post, New York magazine, and GQ.
- Author(s)Dan Slater
- PublisherPenguin Putnam Inc
- Date of Publication19/02/2014
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectPsychology: Professional & General
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Weight231 g
- Width138 mm
- Height215 mm
- Spine19 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Explore Buying Guides
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $57.99Trending at AU $62.11
- AU $34.67Trending at AU $36.61
- AU $73.13Trending at AU $74.82
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.76
- AU $37.59Trending at AU $40.09
- AU $34.02Trending at AU $36.09
- AU $28.52Trending at AU $29.80
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.