All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionA moving middle-grade story about love, loss, and the unlikely places we find home. Poppy's life has been turned upside down after her grandma (and guardian) had a stroke and ended up in the hospital. But Poppy is working on a plan to help Grandma Beth so their life together can go back to rmal. But when she witnesses an armed robbery, back to rmal slips even further out of her reach. To keep Poppy safe, the budget-strapped police devise an unusual witness protection program, wherein Poppy will stay with Detective Brannigan's mother. Soon Poppy is feeling almost at home, even making sort-of friends with a girl named Lizzie and definitely friending Gunner, a beautiful dog with an uncertain fate. But it's still t home. So while she and Lizzie navigate a rocky friendship and plot to save Gunner's life, Poppy also tries to figure out a new plan to save Grandma Beth and their home, all while avoiding a dangerous robber who might be searching for her. But what if Grandma Beth can never come home and the robber is put behind bars? What will happen to Poppy then?
- Author BiographyDianna Dorisi Winget writes fiction and nonfiction for young readers. Her first novel is A SMIDGEN OF SKY. She lives mountains of north Idaho with her husband, their daughter, and two dogs. For more about her, visit www.diannawinget.com.
- Author(s)Dianna Dorisi Winget
- PublisherScholastic US
- Date of Publication01/11/2014
- SubjectChildren's Fiction
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintScholastic US
- Weight363 g
- Width147 mm
- Height211 mm
- Spine28 mm
- Format DetailsSewn,Cloth over boards
Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
Save on Other Children & Young Adults
- AU $138.24Trending at AU $169.12
- AU $26.63Trending at AU $29.63
- AU $64.00Trending at AU $70.54
- AU $11.95Trending at AU $13.39
- AU $47.03Trending at AU $52.88
- AU $36.61Trending at AU $44.77
- AU $33.79Trending at AU $49.82
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.