About this product
- DescriptionThis gorgeously illustrated book celebrates the recent generous gift of William Trost Richards' watercolours to Pennsylvania Academy of the Fine Arts, Philadelphia, and is concurrent with the exhibition 'A Mine of Beauty: Landscapes by William Trost Richards'. The show is also on view at Newport Art Museum in Newport, Rhode Island in the summer and autumn of 2012. Scenes ranging from muted and serene to light infused and colour saturated, Richards' watercolours and oil paintings brilliantly capture the very essence of nature. Images are reproduced on a one-to-one scale, providing a lavish study of this pre- Raphaelite artist's work. Two prefaces and an essay by leading experts in the art historical field further expand on the history of eighteenth- and nineteenth-century Philadelphia landscape painting in general and William Trost Richards specifically.
- Author BiographyLinda S. Ferber is Vice President and Senior Art Historian, New-York Historical Society.
- Author(s)Anna O. Marley,David Brighan,Linda S. Ferber
- PublisherHudson Hills Press Inc.,U.S.
- Date of Publication26/09/2012
- SubjectIndividual Artists / Art Monographs
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintHudson Hills Press Inc.,U.S.
- Content Note115 Colour
- Weight916 g
- Width220 mm
- Height250 mm
- Spine20 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $79.64Trending at AU $111.11
- AU $35.06Trending at AU $40.71
- AU $73.88Trending at AU $78.04
- AU $18.76Trending at AU $24.44
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.03
- AU $16.98Trending at AU $18.30
- AU $51.96Trending at AU $53.08
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.