All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionWho are the Ojibway people, and how did they come to live in the lands of the Great Lake? Let Mishomis, or Grandfather in the Ojibway language, draw you a picture. In these delightful coloring books, the history of the Ojibway unfolds, beginning with the story of creation.As Original Man (some will call him Anishinabe) walks the Earth, giving names to all things, Mishomis carries young readers along with Ojibway lore and wonder and with pictures asking to be brought to colorful life. The story follows the first five books of The Mishomis Book, telling of the Original Man s grandmother, Nokomis; of the Earth s first people; and of the Great Flood that changed everything. Thank Gitchie Manito for Turtle, on whose back the new world rests! Coloring along with Mishomis s words, readers will be enchanted to learn the legends and discover the spirit of the Ojibway traditions and way of life.
- Author BiographyEdward Benton-Banai is a Wisconsin Ojibway of the Fish Clan and a spiritual teacher of the Lac Court Orielles Band of the Ojibway Tribe. One of the original founders of the American Indian Movement, he was also the founder and executive director of the Red School House in St. Paul, Minnesota.
- Author(s)Edward Benton-Banai
- PublisherUniversity of Minnesota Press
- Date of Publication31/10/2016
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectChildren's General Non-Fiction
- Place of PublicationMinnesota
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintUniversity of Minnesota Press
- Weight91 g
- Width269 mm
- Height272 mm
- Spine3 mm
- Illustrator(s)Joe Liles
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
Save on Other Children & Young Adults
- AU $23.49Trending at AU $29.39
- AU $26.50Trending at AU $33.37
- AU $29.99Trending at AU $49.74
- AU $36.86Trending at AU $44.04
- AU $31.94Trending at AU $38.72
- AU $15.44Trending at AU $17.17
- AU $14.45Trending at AU $15.31
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.