All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIf you ever wanted to kw what real missionary life is all about, this is the book to read. It will take you through a journey starting in 1964 all the way through 2009. You will kw what God can do with someone who is willing to give up everything and go to a country, to a people, to a culture that they kw thing about. Only with a calling to reach lost souls for Christ. The Bible says, The people that kw their God shall be strong and do exploits. The history of Christian Missions has been filled with these exploits, and God continues His mighty words today. Bob and Joan Tyson were living ordinary lives until God called them to do extraordinary things - the kind we read about in the the Bible. Let this book challenge you who kw your God to do exploits in His name.
- Author BiographyJoan Costlow Tyson was born in Taylorsville, Georgia, a small farm community. At the age of twelve, she received the Lord as her personal Saviour in the Taylorsville Baptist Church. One Sunday morning, a missionary nurse working in Africa spoke to the class, and Joan's heart was touched as she heard about the many boys and girls who knew nothing about Jesus and His love for them. How exciting, Joan thought, to be able to go to a faraway place and tell other girls and boys about Jesus. When the missionary gave the class her address, Joan was the first one to write. Anxiously she waited for an answer by the mailbox on the country road. That was over 60 years ago, and she still has the pictures the missionary sent to her. Joan has always said that Bob's missionary calling was her calling. However, that night in 1965 when Bob told her that God had called him to the mission field, there was reborn in her that same desire that she had experienced many years before when she heard the missionary from Africa speak. Bob and Joan worked side by side from the beginning. She studied alongside him at Tennessee Temple University. Walking down the aisle together, they received their diplomas. Bob compared their lives and ministry to a pair of oxen, yoked together, with the same purpose--carrying out the Great Commission of the Lord Jesus Christ. Joans life verse: Delight thyself also in the Lord; and he shall give thee the de-sires of thine heart ---Psalm 37.4 At the age of 17, she met Bob and just three months later, they married. In 1969, with 400 dollars in their pocket, they left for the mission field to a country they could not even pronounce, Nicaragua. Forty Years Later, God had given them six Christian Schools with over 3,000 children receiving a free education, 11 Christian Radio Stations with millions of listeners, 35 Feeding Centers feeding thousands of children a good meal everyday and over 240 churches established. Today at the age of 74, Joan Still lives on the mission field working long hours even after the death of her husband. She is loved by thousands but her only desire is to serve the Lord.
- Author(s)Joan Tyson
- Date of Publication09/09/2009
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectChristianity: General
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight349 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine14 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $57.99Trending at AU $62.11
- AU $34.65Trending at AU $36.61
- AU $73.12Trending at AU $74.82
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $35.93
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.76
- AU $37.59Trending at AU $40.09
- AU $34.02Trending at AU $36.09
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.