All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $39.20Trending at AU $51.50
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.73
- AU $50.62Trending at AU $53.30
- AU $32.81Trending at AU $40.84
- AU $31.98Trending at AU $39.99
- AU $19.57Trending at AU $23.96
- AU $32.06Trending at AU $45.25
About this product
- DescriptionHere is a comprehensive development plan written as if vital communities, indigeus peoples, women, and the environment really mattered. This alternative type of development planning goes beyond statistics to incorporate the interests of the people that live in the community. As an experiment in development education and planning, one of the authors led a group of the country's leading undergraduates into the field in Ecuador to complete an empirically based study and to prepare an alternative set of recommendations and models. A clearly written book that offers new insights for developmental specialists as well as educators and students in international development, anthropology, ecomics, public policy, planning, and Latin American studies at the undergraduate and graduate levels.
- Author BiographyDavid H. Lempert is an anthropologist, attorney, and consultant with degrees from the University of California, Berkeley, Stanford, and Yale. He has worked as a contractor for the United States Agency for International Development in the Philippines, a consultant on projects for legal and political reforms in Russia and Ukraine, for the political section of the U.S. Embassy in Costa Rica, for the economic section of the Organization of American States in Washington, D.C., and on business education reform in Vietnam. He is presently an Adjunct Associate Professor at George Washington University. Kim McCarty has worked as coordinator for the Neighborhood Revitalization Program in Minneapolis, overseeing experimental programs for revitalizing the economic and social health of the inner city. Craig Mitchell is presently in a PhD program in the University of California, Los Angeles, as the Alfred P. Sloan Foundation Doctoral Dissertation Fellow, in international economics.
- Author(s)Craig Mitchell,David H. Lempert,Kim McCarty
- Date of Publication30/05/1998
- Place of PublicationWestport
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPraeger Publishers Inc
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight431 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine17 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
- Edition StatementNew edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.