Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.88
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.89
- AU $24.83Trending at AU $25.37
- AU $64.07Trending at AU $75.12
- AU $31.51Trending at AU $37.08
- AU $44.28Trending at AU $47.26
- AU $25.48Trending at AU $28.39
About this product
- DescriptionFollow the good mule as he wends his way through the Laines of Brighton. Watch the masquerade unfolding down St. James' Street, unearth the unexpected at Festival time, and float among the clouds in a library of dreams. Revisit the charm of Hanningtons and legendary nights at The Zap. Admire the spirit of the West Pier and a football club clinging to the cliffs. Picture Careme, the father of modern cuisine, spinning castles out of sugar and raging at the heat. Feed the five thousand from a kitchen under The Arches, with a telescopic window out to sea. Follow the hoof prints onto The Downs, returning laden with honey and cheese. Savour a plaice at The Regency restaurant, and scavenge among rock pools on Ovingdean beach. Infuse the cafe culture, cook like a native, a little tale of Brighton that's good eugh to eat.
- Author BiographyRob Silverstone spent many years cooking in Oxford, Copenhagen and Nice. A keen interest in healthy eating led to collaboration with the eminent French chef Michel Guerard, author of 'Cuisine Minceur'. In 1994 he opened 'The Cook and Fiddle' on Brighton seafront, using fish from the fishermen, local cheeses and Cuckmere Valley wine. The abundance of Normandy markets tempted him to try a restaurant in Rouen. The gothic architecture of the old quarter inspired a passion for black and white photography. His pictures have been exhibited in Brighton and at 'Photofolies' in the Loire.
- Author(s)Rob Silverstone
- PublisherPegasus Elliot Mackenzie Publishers
- Date of Publication26/03/2007
- SubjectPeople & Places: General
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintVanguard Press
- Content NoteMaps and photographs
- Width130 mm
- Height200 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.