All listings for this product
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.40
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.83
- AU $94.90Trending at AU $96.53
- AU $29.08Trending at AU $33.28
- AU $30.74Trending at AU $37.18
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $32.95
- AU $69.55Trending at AU $86.07
About this product
- DescriptionA Music Industry Workbook is a comprehensive guide to the foundational aspects of the music industry. It examines the vital and fundamental concepts in the business, in addition to providing the kw-how to navigate the basic legal, marketing, managerial and moneymaking skills used by industry insiders. Assignments incorporated throughout the book help readers develop real life problem-solving skills, including tour budgeting, venue booking and management, and merchandise creation and marketing. A Music Industry Workbook teaches readers how to look at being a musician from a whole new perspective.Scafide delivers a hands-on approach to learning the financial and moneymaking factors that drive the music industry. Not just for musicians, this text also serves as a handbook for business majors, marketing majors, management majors, entrepreneurs, or anyone who wants to kw how business is done in the music industry. Whether starting a record label, managing a tour, selling merchandise, or learning the basics of copyright, A Music Industry Workbook is the source. Tony Scafide is an assistant professor of music industry studies at the State University of New York at Oneonta. Prior to joining the faculty at Oneonta, Scafide was the principal partner of Generation Media Inc., a New York City-based public relations, marketing, and management company. At Generation Media, Scafide created national campaigns in press and radio for classical, jazz and independent artists. His clients included authors, publishers, n-profit arts organizations, Major and Independent music labels, and artists. Scafide has worked for and with record labels and music distribution companies such as E-1 Entertainment, New World Records, Polygram, and Phillips Media, among others.
- Author(s)Anthony Scafide
- Date of Publication01/09/2011
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectMusic & Dance
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight376 g
- Width210 mm
- Height297 mm
- Spine8 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.