All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionA Nation Under God? The ACLU and Religion in American Politics questions the claim of the ACLU that the First Amendment to the Constitution requires the complete cleansing of any religious expression in the American public square. That position, Krannawitter and Palm argue, is t consistent with the principles of the American founding, but derives from early 20th century progressivism and modern liberalism that requires ultimately a reconstituting of the American regime along completely secular lines. A re-examination of the American founding, its theoretical and constitutional principles, allows for limited religious expression without violating the constitutional principle of religious liberty.
- Author BiographyThomas L. Krannawitter is a senior fellow at the Claremont Institute and an assistant professor of political science at Hillsdale College. He is the author of An Introduction to Citizenship for New Americans (2002). Daniel C. Palm is a senior fellow at the Claremont Institute and an associate professor of political science at Azusa Pacific University. He is the editor of On Faith and Free Government (1997).
- Author(s)Daniel C. Palm,Thomas L. Krannawitter
- PublisherRowman & Littlefield
- Date of Publication08/09/2005
- SubjectPolitics: General & Reference
- Series TitleClaremont Institute Series on Statesmanship and Political Philosophy
- Place of PublicationLanham, MD
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintRowman & Littlefield Publishers
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight340 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine21 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $61.65New
- AU $7.64New
- AU $20.30New
- AU $33.28New
- AU $30.36New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $59.99Trending at AU $61.65
- AU $40.94Trending at AU $51.58
- AU $125.99Trending at AU $127.76
- AU $29.54Trending at AU $30.36
- AU $61.61Trending at AU $63.10
- AU $49.24Trending at AU $52.75
- AU $24.60Trending at AU $30.82
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.