All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $43.72
- AU $70.98Trending at AU $87.50
- AU $62.89Trending at AU $77.17
- AU $78.98Trending at AU $85.01
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.03
- AU $34.78Trending at AU $42.43
- AU $21.22Trending at AU $24.76
About this product
- DescriptionSpain is often referred to as a nation of nations. Ethcultural differences between the Castilian majority and the Basques, Catalans and Galicians have always been an important issue in Spain. The dual process of state-building and nation-building is of fundamental importance to the territorial structure and the national identities. Spain's way of dealing with the question of nationalities may also be interesting for other European states. The analysis contains the historical development and the current situation of the different nationalities. Based on a concept defined together with the Carinthian Institute for Ethnic Mirities, the case study provides a political analysis of the situation of the nationalities in Spain. Thus, a multi-level analysis of the existing literature, of journals, newspaper articles and of other material is drawn up.
- Author BiographyThe Author: Franz Valandro was born in Bludenz/Austria in 1973. He studied Political Science and History at the universities of Innsbruck and New Orleans. During his doctorate, he got a scholarship from the Austrian Academy of Science. He received his Ph.D. in 2001. His doctor thesis is a comparative study of the ethnic conflicts in Northern Ireland and the Basque Country. Furthermore, his scientific work contains numerous publications and presentations on nationalism, ethnic conflicts and political extremism. Currently, he works as a coordinator of adult education at the Austrian Arbeiterkammer in Feldkirch. Additionally, he is a scientific collaborator at the Carinthian Institute for Ethnic Minorities (CIFEM) in Villach/Austria.
- Author(s)Franz Valandro
- PublisherPeter Lang AG
- Date of Publication01/08/2002
- SubjectHistory: World & General
- Series TitleMinderheiten und Minderheitenpolitik in Europa
- Series Part/Volume Number2
- Country of PublicationSwitzerland
- ImprintPeter Lang AG
- Content Notenum tables
- Weight260 g
- Width148 mm
- Height210 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.