All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe Great Smoky Mountains National Park is one of America's most beautiful and popular national parks. Located in the southern Appalachian Mountains of Tennessee and North Carolina, it is home to more than 100,000 species of plants and animals. The grandeur and sheer scale of the park has been captured in Donald W. Linzey's new book, Natural History Guide to the Great Smoky Mountains National Park. It is the most extensive volume available on the park's natural history. Written from the perspective of a naturalist who has spent over fifty years conducting research in the park, this volume t only discusses the park's plant and animal life but also explores the impact that civilization has played in altering the area's landscape. Linzey, who has been a major contributor to the All Taxa Biodiversity Inventory, a concentrated effort to identify every species of plant and animal living within the park, draws from this deep reservoir of research. His book provides a thorough overview of everything a visitor to the park would need to kw, without complex jargon. Both casual readers and those more interested in the ecology of the Great Smoky Mountains will find this book an enlightening and educational guide. Donald W. Linzey, a wildlife biologist and ecologist, is professor of biology at Wytheville Community College in Wytheville, Virginia. He is an authority on the mammals of the Great Smoky Mountains National Park and its environs.
- Author BiographyDonald W. Linzey, a wildlife biologist and ecologist, is professor of biology at Wytheville Community College in Wytheville, Virginia. He is an authority on the mammals of the Great Smoky Mountains National Park and its environs.
- Author(s)Professor Donald W Linzey
- PublisherUniversity of Tennessee Press
- Date of Publication15/04/2008
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectEnvironment & Ecology: General Interest
- Place of PublicationChicago
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintUniversity of Tennessee Press
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations, colour illustrations, colour tables, maps
- Weight721 g
- Width160 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Sewn
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $57.99Trending at AU $62.11
- AU $34.67Trending at AU $36.61
- AU $73.12Trending at AU $74.82
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.76
- AU $37.59Trending at AU $40.09
- AU $34.02Trending at AU $36.09
- AU $28.52Trending at AU $29.80
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.