All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis easy-to-use identification guide to the 280 bird species most commonly seen in Southeast China is perfect for resident and visitor alike. High quality photographs from the region's top nature photographers are accompanied by detailed species descriptions which include menclature, size, distribution, habits and habitat. The user-friendly introduction covers geography and climate, vegetation, opportunities for naturalists and the main sites for viewing the listed species. Also included is an all-important checklist of all of the birds of Southeast China encompassing, for each species, its common and scientific name, IUCN status as at 2011.
- Author BiographyYong Ding Li is vice-chair of the Southeast Asian Biodiversity Society and committee member of the Nature Society (Singapore)'s bird group. He is currently pursuing a PhD in biodiversity conservation at the Australian National University. Ding Li has extensive field experience in Singapore and across Asia, and has published many research papers on birds, conservation and ecology. He also advises the IUCN SSC on Southeast Asian birds. Yu Yat-tung, born and living in Hong Kong, studied ecology at university and has been a passionate birdwatcher in Hong Kong and the neighbouring areas of China since 1988. He is a research manager of the Hong Kong Bird Watching Society, responsible for coordinating and managing their conservation projects. Yang Liu is an ornithologist based in Sun Yat-sen University, Guangzhou. He has a PhD in Ecology and Evolution in University of Bern, Switzerland. He has rich experience of birdwatching in China since 1994 and is responsible for editing the China Bird Report and the associated checklist of birds in China.
- Author(s)Yang Liu,Yong Ding Li,Yu Yat-Tung
- PublisherJohn Beaufoy Publishing Ltd
- Date of Publication11/12/2014
- SubjectNatural History: Animal & Wildlife
- Place of PublicationOxford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintJohn Beaufoy Publishing Ltd
- Content Note250 colour photos
- Weight290 g
- Width128 mm
- Height180 mm
- Spine12 mm
Most relevant reviews
- 1gettingold18 Jun, 2016by
Naturalists Guide to the Birds of China
An excellent guide which helped me a great deal on my birding holiday
Verified purchase: Yes | Condition: New
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $79.69Trending at AU $111.84
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.50
- AU $35.45Trending at AU $40.79
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $79.50
- AU $19.57Trending at AU $23.97
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.12
- AU $16.99Trending at AU $18.34
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.