All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.17
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.75
- AU $82.89Trending at AU $85.67
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.64
- AU $34.72Trending at AU $42.76
- AU $21.22Trending at AU $25.57
- AU $18.97Trending at AU $22.14
About this product
- DescriptionWARTIME BERLIN: The Niemann family - Karl, Minna and their four children - live in a quiet, suburban enclave. Every day Karl commutes to work, a business manager travelling around inspecting his factories . In the evenings he returns home to life as a rmal family man. Three years ago Derek Niemann, born and raised in Scotland, made the chilling discovery that his grandfather Karl had been an officer in the SS; and that his business used thousands of slave labourers in concentration camps, such as Auschwitz, Dachau, Buchenwald and Sachsenhausen. Derek had kwn little about the German side of his family, but w a lifetime of unsettling hints and clues began to fall into place. With the help of surviving relatives and hundreds of previously unkwn family photographs, Derek uncovers the true story of what Karl did. A Nazi in the Family is an illuminating portrayal of how ordinary people can fall into the service of a monstrous regime.
- Author BiographyScots-born Derek Niemann is a nature writer and editor, now freelance aft er 25 years working for the RSPB. His previous book, Birds in a Cage (Short Books, 2012), the true story of POWs who overcame the hardships of imprisonment by watching birds, combines his twin passions for history and natural history. Derek has also written a number of wildlife books for children, as well as columns for the Guardian and BBC Wildlife.
- Author(s)Derek Niemann
- PublisherShort Books Ltd
- Date of Publication05/03/2015
- SubjectMilitary History
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintShort Books Ltd
- Content Note16 page photo section
- Width153 mm
- Height234 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.