All listings for this product
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $79.99Trending at AU $86.10
- AU $52.60Trending at AU $60.94
- AU $72.44Trending at AU $79.02
- AU $36.85Trending at AU $50.68
- AU $43.80Trending at AU $49.26
- AU $12.24Trending at AU $21.04
- AU $13.04Trending at AU $15.66
About this product
- DescriptionTouring the country in a luxury RV is the early retirement dream for Dr. Daniel Good and his wife, Rosemary. After selling his veterinary practice and all their worldly possessions, the couple finds that their sizable nest egg has been embezzled, leaving them nearly penniless and too young for Social Security. A used van becomes their home, and their wits and talents become their livelihood as they give chase to their fortune and its thieves. Humorous and sometimes precarious encounters with zany characters, needy animals, and screwball situations await them in their trek across America and beyond.
- Author BiographyS.C. Strange switched genres when she wrote the adult novel, A Nest Egg Poached under her maiden name. Her first was the awarding winning juvenile novel, Herby's Secret Formula, for which she is both author and illustrator. It was penned under her married name, Sue C. Hughey. Sue was born in Oklahoma and reared in Kansas. She was a Liberal Arts major at Wichita University, where her father was an art professor. Her mother was a poet and an elementary school teacher in Wichita. After moving to Colorado with her husband Harold and two young sons, Sue worked for several Denver-area art studios as a freelance artist and copywriter. She later opened her own graphic arts studio, which evolved into a mapping business, drafting maps for various U.S. Governmental agencies. During this time, Sue contracted with EPA to write and illustrate a booklet about the environment, which was distributed to millions of school children in the U.S. and Canada. Sue also wrote, illustrated, and published a series of educational map posters, which had a large school market, as well as retail. The coin she designed for Colorado's Centennial, through an act of congress, became the first commemorative medallion ever minted in a U.S. mint (in Denver). She also designed Colorado's commemorative Bicentennial coin, produced by the Franklin Mint. Now retired and living in Western Colorado, Sue devotes her time to her first love, writing and illustrating.
- Author(s)S C Strange,Sue C Hughey
- PublisherAssociated Arts Publisher
- Date of Publication13/01/2012
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintAssociated Arts Publisher
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight413 g
- Width133 mm
- Height203 mm
- Spine21 mm
- Edited byDonna Bettencourt
- Illustrator(s)Sue C Hughey
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.