Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $45.69Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by fishpondnewzealand
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $26.95+ AU $12.95 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis book offers a personal, everyday source of information and support throughout the first year of recovery.Designed specifically for individuals newly in recovery, A New Day, A New Life journal and DVD set serves as an effective guide and steadfast companion during the often-tumultuous early weeks and months of their transformative, lifelong journey. Early recovery is a time of exploration, self-discovery, and embracing hard-won (but often confounding) new freedom. It is also a time when relapse is a real and imminent danger. Our journal/DVD set applies the latest scientific findings about successful recovery, shares the collective wisdom of others in recovery, and draws from the latest in relapse prevention thinking and practices.Each journal page includes a daily educational passage, a meditation, and space for writing personal reflections. The DVD, facilitated by best-selling author and recovery advocate William Cope Moyers, delves into first-year issues as encountered through the real-life experiences of eight individuals in recovery. Approachable, engaging, and research-based, A New Day, A New Life is appropriate and effective for patients just completing an addiction treatment program as well as individuals who have t had the opportunity to receive treatment.It draws from the latest scientific findings and research about everyday ways to build and sustain recovery. It identifies roadblocks recovering people can anticipate during their first year. It shares effective recovery practices (creating safe routines, developing a support network). It explains the importance of Twelve Step fellowship, meetings, and sponsorship. It addresses spirituality and how recovery includes caring for one's spiritual self.
- Author BiographyWilliam Cope Moyers is the author of Broken: My Story of Addiction and Redemption. A recovering cocaine addict, Moyers' mission is to carry the message of recovery to others and to change public attitudes about addiction. He is the son of Bill Moyers, the renowned broadcast journalist.
- Author(s)William Cope Moyers
- PublisherHazelden Information & Educational Services
- Date of Publication15/08/2008
- SubjectCoping with Problems & Illness
- Place of PublicationMinneapolis
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintHazelden Information & Educational Services
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight880 g
- Width187 mm
- Height232 mm
- Spine27 mm
- Contained items statementContains Paperback and DVD
- Running Time25
Best-selling in Textbooks
- AU $203.69New
Marketing Management: an Asian Perspective by Swee Hoon Ang, Kevin Lane Keller, Siew-Meng Leong, Chin Tiong Tan, Philip Kotler (Paperback, 2013)
- AU $75.71New
- AU $61.33Used
- AU $93.50New
- AU $101.60New
- AU $70.98New
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $82.10
- AU $22.41Trending at AU $23.51
- AU $114.99Trending at AU $120.22
- AU $88.13Trending at AU $90.65
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $78.54
- AU $39.20Trending at AU $50.30
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $75.71
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.