All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.17
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.76
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.75
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.67
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.64
- AU $34.72Trending at AU $42.76
- AU $21.22Trending at AU $25.57
About this product
- DescriptionThis volume analyses the problems and instruments of European citizens' political participation and focuses in particular on the European Citizens' Initiative (ECI) right. Introduced by the Lisbon Treaty, the ECI enables European citizens to propose legislative measures to the Commission by collecting one million signatures in at least seven EU countries. The European federalists were the first to initiate one of the most important applications of this instrument with their proposal for a European Special Plan for Sustainable Development , aimed at addressing the ongoing serious ecomic and social crisis. The essays collected in this volume by authors from different disciplines, backgrounds and nationalities offer reflections on citizenship rights and themes relating to the European crisis, as well as on the necessary steps to revive development in Europe. The informative and functional documentation proposed in the Appendix constitutes a user manual for the potential and concrete application of this new right by European citizens and their various associations.
- Author BiographyGiampiero Bordino has published historical essays and manuals, in particular on contemporary history. He is member of the Einstein Center for International Studies (CESI) in Turin and a member of the editorial staff of and contributor to the review The Federalist Debate. He writes about issues relating to European unity, supranational federalism and the globalisation process.
- PublisherPresses Interuniversitaires Europeennes
- Date of Publication29/04/2015
- SubjectSociology & Anthropology: Professional
- Series TitleFederalism
- Series Part/Volume Number5
- Country of PublicationBelgium
- First Published2015
- ImprintPresses Interuniversitaires Europeennes
- Weight200 g
- Width150 mm
- Height225 mm
- Spine8 mm
- Edited byGiampiero Bordino
- Edition StatementNew edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.