All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionPublished in the year of the 1745 Jacobite rebellion, this is a fascinatingly informative early military manual which combines a history of Britain's wars with France in the reigns of King William III and Queen Anne, with a description of 'A new system' of military discipline and exercises of horse and foot in the age of Marlborough. The author, Brigadier-General Richard Kane, was a professional soldier and sometime Goverr of Mirca. Kane begins by describing William of Orange's campaigns in Ireland and Flanders following his 'Glorious Revolution' of 1689. He moves on to describe the Duke of Marlborough's victorious campaigns against France in the War of the Spanish Succession after 1700, including the battles of Blenheim, Ramillies, Oudenarde and Malplaquet. The book concludes with a illustrated section on the latest infantry and cavalry tactics and maevres. A must for re-enactors, war-gamers, and any student of 18th century warfare.
- Author(s)Richard Kane
- PublisherNaval & Military Press Ltd
- Date of Publication01/02/2005
- SubjectMilitary History
- Place of PublicationEast Sussex
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintNaval & Military Press Ltd
- Content Note5ill.14col.ill.
- Weight170 g
- Width129 mm
- Height198 mm
- Spine9 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $79.65Trending at AU $96.35
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.37
- AU $35.06Trending at AU $40.71
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $79.35
- AU $18.96Trending at AU $24.44
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.03
- AU $16.98Trending at AU $18.30
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.