All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis thesis presents a groundbraking methodology for the radar international community. The detection approach introduced, namely perturbation analysis, is completey vel showing a remarkable capability of thinking outside the box. Perturbation analysis is able to push forward the performance limits of current algorithms, allowing the detection of targets smaller than the resolution cell and highly embedded in clutter. The methodology itself is extraordinary flexibe and has already been used in two other large projects, funded by the ESA (European Space Agency): M-POL for maritime surveillance, and DRAGON-2 for land classification with particular attention to forests. This book is a perfectly organised piece of work where every detail and perspective is taken into account in order to provide a comprehensive vision of the problems and solutions.
- Author BiographyBest PhD theses 2011: RSPSoc (Remote Sensing and Photogrammetry Society) Best poster: ASM'08 RSPsoc, 10-11 March 2008, Lyndhurst, New Forest, UK Best paper: Electro Magnetic Remote Sensing Defence Technology Centre, EMRS-DTC'09, 24th-25th June 2009, Edinburgh, UK. Best student paper (category Methods), Dragon-2 Symposium, 17th-21st May 2010, Guilin, China Best paper: Electro Magnetic Remote Sensing Defence Technology Centre, EMRS-DTC'10, 13th-14th July 2010, Edinburgh, UK. Finalist for best student paper: IEEE International Geoscience & Remote Sensing Symposium, IGARSS'10, 25 - 30 July, 2010, Honolulu, Hawaii. Chair of poster session on Polarimetric Techniques, IEEE International Geoscience & Remote Sensing Symposium, IGARSS'11, 24-29 July 2011, Vancouver, Canada.
- Author(s)Armando Marino
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag Berlin and Heidelberg GmbH & Co. KG
- Date of Publication25/01/2012
- SubjectGeography & Earth Science: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Series TitleSpringer Theses
- Place of PublicationBerlin
- Country of PublicationGermany
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag Berlin and Heidelberg GmbH & Co. K
- Content Notebiography
- Weight561 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Edition Statement2012
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $35.02Trending at AU $36.60
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $35.92
- AU $31.89Trending at AU $40.49
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $24.21
- AU $37.60Trending at AU $40.07
- AU $34.16Trending at AU $35.13
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $27.01
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.