All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $72.55Trending at AU $74.74
- AU $32.60Trending at AU $36.40
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $25.46
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.65
- AU $12.94Trending at AU $16.44
- AU $26.68Trending at AU $29.36
- AU $19.92Trending at AU $27.46
About this product
- DescriptionWhen Hugh Acheson (w a James Beard Award winner as a chef and author) moved from Ottowa toGeorgia, who knew that he would woo his adopted home state and they would embrace him as one of their own? In 2000, following French culinary training on both coasts, Hugh opened Five and Ten in Athens, a college town kwn for R.E.M., and the restaurant became a spotlight for his exciting interpretation of traditional Southern fare. Five and Ten became a favorite local haunt as well as a destination Food & Wine named Hugh a Best New Chef and at seventy miles away, the Atlanta Journal-Constitution named Five and Ten the best restaurant in Atlanta. Then came the five consecutive James Beard minations. Now, after opening two more restaurants and a wine shop, Hugh is ready to share 120 recipes of his eclectic, bold, and sophisticated flavors, inspired by fresh ingredients. In A New Turn in the South, you ll find libations, seasonal vegetables that take a prominent role, salads and soups, his prized sides, and fish and meats all of which turn Southern food on its head every step of the way. Hugh s recipes include: Oysters on the Half Shell with Cane Vinegar and Chopped Mint Sauce, shucked and left in their bottom shells; Chanterelles on Toast with Mushrooms that soak up the flavor of rosemary, thyme, and lemon; Braised and Crisped Pork Belly with Citrus Salad succulent and inexpensive, but lavish; Yellow Grits with Sauteed Shiitakes, Fried Eggs, and Salsa Rossa a stunning versatile condiment; Fried Chicken with Stewed Pickled Green Tomatoes his daughters favorite dish; and Lemon Chess Pies with Blackberry Compote his go-to classic Southern pie with seasonal accompaniment. With surprising photography full of Hugh s personality, and pages layered with his own quirky writing and sketches, he invites you into his community and his invative world of food to add new favorites to your repertoire.
- Author BiographyHUGH ACHESON won two James Beard Awards in 2012: Best Cookbook, in the category of American Cooking, and Best Chef Southeast (after five previous consecutive nominations). He is the chef/partner of the Athens, Georgia, restaurants Five and Ten (named best Atlanta restaurant by the Atlanta Journal-Constitution ) and The National; the shop Gosford Wine; and his Atlanta restaurant, Empire State South. He lives in Athens with his wife and their two daughters.
- Author(s)Hugh Acheson
- PublisherRandom House USA Inc
- Date of Publication25/11/2011
- SubjectNational & Regional Cuisine
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintClarkson Potter
- Content Note100 Colour Photos and Line Art
- Weight1352 g
- Width203 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine33 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.