All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $39.20Trending at AU $51.33
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.47
- AU $50.10Trending at AU $53.12
- AU $32.82Trending at AU $40.70
- AU $32.31Trending at AU $39.85
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.88
- AU $32.08Trending at AU $45.10
About this product
- DescriptionThis field manual provides a well-tested approach for promoting citizen participation. It breaks down the traditional boxes separating human rights, rule of law, development, and governance, and reconnects them in order to create an integrated approach to rights-based political empowerment. A New Weave of Power, People & Politics combines concrete and practical 'action steps' with a sound theoretical foundation to help users understand the process of advocacy planning and implementation. This is an 'Action Guide' that builds on the authors' 50 years of combined experience in advocacy, gender, human rights, popular education, and social change. These collective experiences were gathered in Asia, Africa, Latin America, the Middle East, Europe, the former Soviet Union, and North America, and they range from participatory research and community development, to neighbourhood organizing and legal rights education, to large-scale campaign advocacy. It delves more deeply into questions of citizenship, constituency-building, social change, gender, and accountability.
- Author BiographyLisa VeneKlasen is Executive Director & Co-Founder of Just Associates, an international advocacy and learning organization. She has worked closely with dozens of NGOs, social movements and grassroots groups on people-centered advocacy and advocacy training. She has a Masters in Public Policy from Harvard's Kennedy School of Government. Dr Valerie Miller is Senior Advisor & Co-Founder of Just Associates. She was formlery Policy Advocacy Director at Oxfam America and Director of Policy and Exchange Programs at the Institute for Development Research. She has a doctorate in adult education.
- PublisherPractical Action Publishing
- Date of Publication01/10/2006
- SubjectSocial Studies: General
- Place of PublicationRugby
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPractical Action Publishing
- Content Note61 black & white line drawings, 34 black & white halftones
- Weight880 g
- Width215 mm
- Height280 mm
- Spine30 mm
- Edited byLisa VeneKlasen,Valerie Miller
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.