All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionFrom prospectors to politicians, promoters to profiteers, New Westminster's kwn them all. It is Western Canada's oldest city, aptly named by Queen Victoria as the first capital of the new colony of British Columbia. On the mighty Fraser River, it has survived gold rushes, loss of capital status, fire, flood, the Depression, and two world wars. This collection of illuminating black and white photographs, artwork, and text shows how its tenacious citizens have thrived. It follows the city's festivals, traditions, organizations, people, and neighbourhoods. The city has both witnessed and been the centre of the fascinating events that shaped B.C. This multifaceted photographic history album depicts almost 150 years of the City of New Westminster.
- Author BiographyGavin Hainsworth and Katherine Freund-Hainsworth combine their talents of historical research, activism, architectural photography and drawing, writing, and lecturing. They are members of various New Westminster, British Columbian, and Canadian historical and heritage preservation archives and foundations. They wed their individual expertise by harmonizing historical writing with a journalistic and visually artistic spirit.
- Author(s)Gavin Hainsworth,Katherine Fruend-Hainsworth
- PublisherDundurn Group Ltd
- Date of Publication01/08/2005
- SubjectLocal History, Names & Genealogy
- Place of PublicationToronto
- Country of PublicationCanada
- ImprintDundurn Group Ltd
- Out-of-print date16/02/2015
- Content Note327
- Weight720 g
- Width228 mm
- Height228 mm
- Spine12 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $79.66Trending at AU $110.48
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $73.95
- AU $35.44Trending at AU $40.48
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $78.90
- AU $19.16Trending at AU $23.81
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $48.75
- AU $16.99Trending at AU $18.20
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.