All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis picture book of whimsical illustrations invites the reader to travel on a journey of delightful madness full of nutty creatures. Articulating the essential ingredients to passionate living, Maureen Patricia Slamer's latest book expands and deepens her musings on nuts. Picking up where The Life of a Nut left off, she develops in greater detail and expression the tion of self-acceptance and her unique vision of the human community. A lighthearted look at human nature and our need for connection, Ms. Slamer's laugh-out-loud look at the craziness inside us all is a joyous celebration of what makes us unique and so much fun. In her own refreshing and playful manner, each chapter addresses a different principle that creates a meaningful way to embrace life. Her book helps to resolve questions as to our purpose, our problems, and our need for friendship, and the role faith plays in our everyday lives. Not necessarily a question and answer guide, it is an exploration of what it means to be human, and how our wants and needs relate to the life around us. Although this maddening world turns us up side down, it is the nut in all of us that makes for an interesting, exciting, and nutty adventure. With a unique combination of original illustrations and pointed, satirical writing, this nutty extravaganza is a laug-out-loud positive energy boost that will leave you wishing book number three was already on the way! Viewing the human psyche with an understanding of the varied nature of our personalities, these charming illustrations and witty captions provide a refreshing and engaging way to address the common human experience. Unlike anything you've ever read A Nutty Adventure is the perfect opportunity to change the way you liik at yourself and your world while putting a smile on your face.
- Author BiographyMaureen Slamer is an artist and essayist. She completed her master's degree in art therapy at Marywood University in Scranton, Pennsylvania and was first published in Working with Images: The Art of Art Therapists by Bruce Moon, PH.D., ATR-BC. Her work received the Edward Fairbanks Memorial Award at Skyland Arty Exhibit in Newton, New Jersey. She is a former recipient of Sisters of the Immaculate Heart of Mary Scholarship[ at Marywood University. Ms. SLamer lives in Newton, New Jersey with her husband. This is her second book.
- Author(s)Maureen Patricia Slamer
- PublisherCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Date of Publication09/05/2011
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectHumour: Collections & General
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Content Notecolour illustrations
- Weight104 g
- Width203 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine3 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $62.02New
- AU $5.82New
- AU $22.48New
- AU $33.47New
- AU $30.62New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $59.99Trending at AU $62.02
- AU $40.94Trending at AU $51.88
- AU $32.35Trending at AU $51.33
- AU $29.58Trending at AU $30.62
- AU $49.31Trending at AU $53.06
- AU $26.83Trending at AU $32.55
- AU $39.21Trending at AU $43.67
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.