All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis reassuring picture book explores the issue of obesity in simple terms. It looks at reasons why children and adults might be overweight, gives advice on health, fitness and diet, and discusses how some people are bullied because of their weight. It gives advice and suggestions for how to live a healthier life with the support of family and friends. This book is written largely from the child's perspective. It's meant to be read with your child, or with a group of children, in a way that allows the child to open up about what he or she thinks and feels. Questions in a What about you? sections provide useful prompts for discussion.
- Author BiographyPat Thomas is a trained psychotherapist, trainee Naturopath, journalist and mother. After working as a journalist and broadcaster in the USA, she now works in the field of women's health and child development and writes for publications such as The Guardian Company Magazine and Practical Parenting as well as contributing editor to Natural Parent Magazine. Her book 'MY Bees: My Family's Changing' was the winner of The English 4-11 Awards.
- Author(s)Pat Thomas
- PublisherHachette Children's Group
- Date of Publication14/08/2014
- SubjectChildren's General Non-Fiction
- Series TitleA First Look at...
- Series Part/Volume Number30
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintWayland (Publishers) Ltd
- Content NoteFull-colour illustrations
- Weight296 g
- Width217 mm
- Height248 mm
- Spine4 mm
- Illustrator(s)Claire Keay,Lesley Harker
- Educational LevelUK School Key Stage 1
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.