All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionGrade school teacher and aspiring author Peregrine Long sees a Chinese family on board a ship--in his morning tea. The image inspires him to write the story of this family, but then a woman turns up at his door, claiming that he's writing her family history exactly as it happened. She doesn't like it, but she has one question: What happened to the little boy of the family, her long-lost uncle? Throughout the course of a month-long tempest that begins to wash the peninsula out from beneath them, Peregrine searches modern-day San Francisco and its surroundings--and, through his continued writing, southern China and the Pacific immigration experience of a century ago--for the missing boy. The clues uncovered lead Peregrine to question t only the nature of his writing, but also his kwledge of his own past and his understanding of his identity.
- Author BiographyJason Buchholz is an editor, writer, and artist. His poetry and short fiction have appeared in Gobbledegook and Switchback. He holds a BA in psychology from UC Berkeley and an MFA in creative writing from the University of San Francisco. He lives in El Cerrito with his wife and son.
- Author(s)Jason Buchholz
- PublisherAdams Media Corporation
- Date of Publication01/01/2016
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Place of PublicationHolbrook, MA
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintAdams Media Corporation
- Weight288 g
- Width139 mm
- Height214 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $16.95Trending at AU $23.18
- AU $47.99Trending at AU $53.24
- AU $29.99Trending at AU $31.13
- AU $47.57Trending at AU $49.64
- AU $26.48Trending at AU $34.75
- AU $27.13Trending at AU $27.89
- AU $11.85Trending at AU $14.33
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.