All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIs your son or daughter thinking about applying to university or already at university? Are you worried they won't find a good job - or any job - when they graduate? There are 80 applicants for every graduate job and 28% less graduate job vacancies, so your child is longer guaranteed to find work on graduation. They'll need to work much harder to stand out from the other applicants - but what can you as a parent do improve their prospects? Bringing you the best and latest advice from the jobs market, graduate careers guru Paul Redmond shows you how to help your child get a head-start in their future career. From understanding the importance of your child's degree course and university choices, to ensuring they don't fall in the unemployment trap on graduation, you'll learn how to be their personal careers adviser and kick-start their success! Your involvement can have a real - and positive - impact on your child's future prospects and it's never too soon to start planning. Discover how to: Increase their employability Boost their earning potential Equip them with essential works skills Use your own contacts to get them ahead Get them the right work experience If followed, the advice inside will directly increase your son or daughters employability: whether it's ensuring they get the right skills and experience that employers are really looking for, or learning how to successfully navigate the changing world of recruitment. Not only can you help your child get the right qualifications, you can also make sure your child has the right experience and contacts to give them the edge in their hunt for a job, so they can take their first step on the career ladder. You have the power to give your child a major advantage in the world of work, so give them a head start in tomorrow's world of work, today. Paul Redmond is also the author of The Graduate Jobs Formula that gives practical advice to help graduates find employment.
- Author BiographyPaul Redmond is Head of Careers & Employability at Liverpool University, and is acknowledged as 'a leading expert on the graduate recruitment market'. He has extensive media experience with the Guardian and BBC, and lectures worldwide on the graduate labour market.
- Author(s)Paul Redmond
- PublisherCrimson Publishing
- Date of Publication01/01/2012
- SubjectCareers & Success
- Place of PublicationRichmond
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintTrotman Publishing
- Out-of-print date24/07/2015
- Width138 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine14 mm
Explore Buying Guides
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $39.90Trending at AU $51.50
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.73
- AU $32.80Trending at AU $40.84
- AU $30.68Trending at AU $39.99
- AU $19.55Trending at AU $23.96
- AU $32.00Trending at AU $45.25
- AU $14.60Trending at AU $16.66
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.