All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionDr. Saad al Barrak is ordinary businessman. His approach to business comes from the souks of his native Kuwait, but is also shaped by an American and British education, occupation and war, and his own warm and human leadership style. In just seven years (2002-2009), al Barrak transformed a moribund, ex-stateowned telecoms operator with a base of 500,000 customers in Kuwait, into the international giant Zain, a company with over 72 million customers across twenty-two countries. Over the same period, revenues leapt from $570 million to a staggering $8 billion. Saad al Barrak's respect for the human dimension in business dealings shines through this insightful and entertaining book. His call to 'be bold, be daring, be different', has revolutionised the business models of companies such as McKinsey.
- Author BiographyDr Saad al Barrak was born in Kuwait and is an engineer and a businessman of international repute. Formerly CEO of the Zain Group from July 2002 until his resignation, he led the rebranding effort from MTC to Zain, a brand that became one of the most distinguished names in the Middle East and Africa region, and the sweetheart of the telecommunications industry.
- Author(s)Saad Al Barrak
- PublisherBloomsbury Qatar Foundation Publishing
- Date of Publication29/03/2012
- SubjectAutobiography: Business
- Place of PublicationDoha
- Country of PublicationQatar
- ImprintBloomsbury Qatar Foundation Publishing
- Out-of-print date15/06/2016
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations, colour illustrations
- Weight575 g
- Width153 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine28 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $44.05
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.14
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.73
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.43
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.64
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.61
- AU $34.73Trending at AU $42.75
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.