All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionA science and nature biography of Cynthia Moss, the elephant expert, by the author of Caldecott Hor bookOne Cool Friend Cynthia Moss was never afraid of BIG things. As a kid, she loved to ride through the countryside on her tall horse. She loved to visit faraway places. And she especially loved to learn about nature and the world around her. So when Cynthia traveled to Africa and met the world s most ENORMOUS land animal, the African elephant, at Amboseli National Park in Kenya, she knew she had found her life s work. Cynthia has spent years learning everything she can about elephants and sharing these fascinating creatures with the world. She is a scientist, nature photographer, and animal-rights activist, fighting against the ivory poachers who kill so many elephants for their tusks. This lyrical and accessible picture book gives kids a glimpse of what scientists do in the real world and inspires them to dream of accomplishing BIG things.
- Author BiographyToni Buzzeo, a former teacher and media specialist, is now a full time author with many picture books to her credit, including Adventure Annie Goes to Kindergarten, The Sea Chest, and the Caldecott Honor winner One Cool Friend. She and her husband, Ken, divide their time between Sarasota, Florida and Buxton, Maine. Holly Berry is a printmaker and acclaimed illustrator of a number of picture books, including Colorful Dreamer, How Mama Brought the Spring (a Charlotte Zolotow Honor Book) and The Impudent Rooster (a Society of Illustrators Original Art Silver Medalist). She received her BFA in illustration from the Rhode Island School of Design and now lives in Waldoboro, Maine.
- Author(s)Toni Buzzeo
- PublisherDial Books
- Date of Publication29/09/2015
- SubjectChildren's General Interest & Leisure
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintDial Books
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight454 g
- Width257 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine10 mm
- Illustrator(s)Holly Berry
- Format DetailsSewn,Cloth over boards
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.