All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.47
- AU $49.60Trending at AU $53.12
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.88
- AU $32.08Trending at AU $45.10
- AU $13.99Trending at AU $16.60
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $27.15
- AU $26.40Trending at AU $29.65
About this product
- DescriptionMamphela Ramphele is a figurehead of modern South Africa. The partner of Steve Biko, until his death in 1977, she has demonstrated extraordinary political leadership and statesmanship, most recently as the leader of the Agang SA party. In this highly acclaimed autobiography, Mamphela Ramphele vividly describes her extraordinary life - when she was born to teacher parents in the rural village of Kranspoort, few would have predicted that she would become t only a medical doctor, but an international leader and the founder of t one but two new political movements. As a young woman, Mamphela was instrumental in creating the ideology of Black Consciousness with her partner, Steve Biko. As an accomplished and respected businesswoman who had reached the pinnacle of success, she felt compelled to start Agang SA, to provide South African voters with an alternative to the increasingly corrupt ANC. Richly anecdotal, this book describes her loves and losses and her remarkable successes in both politics and business.
- Author BiographyMamphela Ramphele is a leading figure in South African politics. A medical doctor and anthropologist by training, she first rose to prominence as a student, when she was a vocal member of the Black Consciousness Movement and associate of Steve Biko. She served as Deputy Vice-Chancellor of the University of Cape Town and as a Director at the World Bank in Washington DC before returning to South Africa as Director of Corp Capital. She started Letsema Circle, a community development initiative, and then the Citizen's Movement, before finally entering politics. Her Agang South Africa party was launched in 2013 and she continues to have a high profile as one of the most steadfastly independent and critical voices.
- Author(s)Mamphela Ramphele
- PublisherI.B.Tauris & Co Ltd
- Date of Publication30/08/2014
- SubjectAutobiography: General
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note16pp bw plates
- Weight454 g
- Width138 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine23 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.