All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $32.27Trending at AU $36.89
- AU $26.57Trending at AU $36.89
- AU $30.05Trending at AU $40.13
- AU $14.93Trending at AU $22.05
- AU $28.03Trending at AU $30.06
- AU $26.84Trending at AU $29.51
- AU $19.77Trending at AU $29.90
About this product
- DescriptionDwight Lyman Moody was the greatest evangelist of the 19th century. In the pre-television era, he traveled more than one million miles to preach the gospel to more than 100 million people. Although equipped with just four years of formal schooling, Moody launched ministries in education and publishing that remain vital and fruitful today. Moody hada passion for souls. Yet with all of his accomplishments for God, D. L. Moody remained a humble man. His greatest riches were found in the love of his Lord and the souls that had been changed for the glory of God. In these pages, today's believers will find a model of biblical passion, vision, and commitment. Lyle Dorsett reveals the heart of this great evangelist, recounting his life and realistically probing his strengths, weaknesses, virtues, faults, triumphs, struggles and motivations to find a man after God's own heart.
- Author BiographyREV. DR. LYLE W. DORSETT (Ph.D., University of Missouri-Columbia) is the Billy Graham Professor of Evangelism at Beeson Divinity School, Samford University, in Birmingham, Alabama. He is the author of numerous books, among them biographies of Joy Davidman (Mrs. C.S. Lewis), E. M. Bounds, and Billy Sunday. Keenly interested in the life and writings of C. S. Lewis, he has published a volume of Lewis's Letters to Children, The Essential C. S. Lewis, A Passion for Souls: The Life of D. L. Moody ; Seeking the Secret Place: The Spiritual Formation of C.S. Lewis and A Passion for God: The Spiritual Journey of A.W. Tozer. His most recent book, published in August 2012, is titled Serving God and Country: US Military Chaplains in World War II. He serves as Rector of Christ the King Anglican Church in Homewood, Alabama, which he and his wife and deacon, Mary, planted in November 2007.The Dorsetts have two children and four grandchildren.
- Author(s)Lyle W Dorsett
- PublisherMoody Press,U.S.
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectBiography: Religious & Spiritual
- Place of PublicationChicago
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintMoody Press,U.S.
- Weight717 g
- Width162 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine26 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.