All listings for this product
Best-selling in Cook Books
Save on Cook Books
- AU $23.04Trending at AU $35.04
- AU $30.98Trending at AU $32.82
- AU $28.80Trending at AU $50.41
- AU $42.00Trending at AU $42.81
- AU $41.86Trending at AU $43.96
- AU $28.80Trending at AU $32.22
- AU $48.73Trending at AU $50.83
About this product
- DescriptionEveryone has a sweet tooth but sometimes the foods we love do t love us back. A Pastry Goes Green offers both experienced and vice bakers, the steps and tips to create delicious muffins, cookies cakes, bread and pies with better quality, healthier ingredients that deliver more nutrients as well as wonderful flavors and textures. How great would that be? To be able to enjoy treats kwing they are delivering plenty of nutrients and sustainable energy. A Pastry Queen Goes Green offers this and more... A complete guide to using whole grains, including gluten-free, with all the instructions to create perfect textures and tastes. A complete guide to using low-glycemic whole sweeteners like pure honey and maple syrup, sucanat, rapidura, coconut sweetener and more, with all the instructions for getting the best results. Over 200 tested recipes including all the basics such as Banana Cream Pie, My Favorite Chocolate Cake, Creme Brulee, homemade ice cream and pretzels. It also has unique recipes like Chocolate Almond Bean Cake, Hummus Bread and Maple Brown Rice Crispies - all amazingly delicious. Tips about special ingredients to bake with such as acai powder, chia, and coconut flour as well as the health benefits of many popular ingredients like chocolate, blueberries and apples. Each chapter has special instructions for baking the recipes that are in the section. Also includes an equipment guide and an illustration section for learning various baking techniques. Dairy-free and egg-free substitution information is available for all recipes plus a gluten-free chapter. It is a great resource that can be used over and over again with answers to so many tricky baking issues as well as providing simple-recipes that are fool-proof. With all the baking tips and suggestions, readers have the ability to adapt their favourite recipes to include healthier ingredients and still have the flavors and textures they love. Substitute some of the white flour or all of the white flour or some of the white sugar or all of it - the instructions are there so the reader can decide. A Pastry Queen Goes Green gives readers the power to make their choices and get the most from their baked goodies. The perfect book to provide treats for the kids or on- the -run snacks for busy adults or to create signature specialty desserts for special occasions. A Pastry Queen Goes Green provides a truly enjoyable adventure in baking.
- Author BiographyLorene Sauro spent 25 years as a celebrated pastry chef before personal and family health issues led to a journey from dessert magician to holistic nutritionist. She has been a registered holistic nutritionist and teacher for 14 years and teaches baking classes for specialty diets like gluten-free. Though she has a passion for nutrition, she has never lost her desire to create the best cookies, muffins, breads and desserts. Her nutrition knowledge has led her to develop great recipes using new ingredients that still deliver the same texture and flavour people expect. Lorene's path to holistic nutrition started after years of health issues from endometriosis and arthritis. Both conventional and alternative medicine failed to help her so she set out to learn what she could about nutrition and her own health issues. What she discovered is how little is understood about food and its benefits and how to use foods she loved for healing. She has spent the last 14 years helping other with their health issues as clients and working in various group health projects. Lorene offers a unique perspective on healthy eating to provide a comprehensive guide to better nutrition. It is her goal to help people sort through all the rhetoric and misinformation surrounding the topic of food to return to them the ability to enjoy their food and sustain their vitality and health. Common sense seems to have been lost somewhere along the way. She does not believe in low-fat or low-carb and she does not ascribe to any health or diet fads. Instead, Lorene believes we should focus on consuming whole foods, including whole grains and whole sweeteners, created with flavour, taste and texture. She believes we are all individuals and our diets and lifestyles should reflect this. It is best that we should all eat foods rich in nutrients and learn to respond to our natural food cues. This will allow us to eat the right amount of food for our own best results.
- Author(s)Lorene Sauro Rhn
- Date of Publication10/07/2013
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectHealth, Dieting & Wholefood Cookery
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight404 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine16 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.